Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cutest Little Bundt Cakes In Town

I am so excited about my latest find. Since my old measuring tools have lost their markings to let me know what sizes they were I went in search of new ones.

I found so many made in China. I learned that the stainless steel ones are  not only imported but are designed in two pieces. This design allows them to bend and weaken.

Lucky for me I found Nordic Ware. This company has been around well almost forever. It is still family owned and operated since the 1940's. Why are private or family owned companies so important? Because they are  not ruled by share holders. As soon as a company becomes public it loses it's objective.

Since the family owns it they can say where, when and why. They know the importance of all things made in America and have strived hard to fulfill that commitment.

Now for my little treasures. The red measuring cups are shaped like little Bundt Cakes and are molded in one piece. Their markings for sizes are also molded in so they will not wash away. I can not wait to start cooking/baking with them.

The spoons are a beautiful old fashion teal blue. They,too, are one piece mold! The five piece set includes 1/8 of a teaspoon for those tiny bits!

Finally, the best surprise of all. My order would have cost $8.00 to ship. By adding $6.00 more to it I qualified for free shipping. So I said to myself: "Mary why spend that money on shipping when you can buy one more small item and get free shipping? This way you have something to see for your money." So I did just that. With Christmas nipping at our heels and baking on my mind I chose this four in one no wait 8-in-1 cookie cutter.

This lovely made in America cookie cutter is hard plastic. It has two side with four Christmas designs on each side. Sugar Cookie Dough watch out we are coming.

Not only does this company care about where the products are made but with what they are made. All the plastic items sold are BPA-FREE!




Can you see it?? The cute little shape of a small Bundt Cake.


Another view of my cups.



My spoons. It is hard to see but they too are shaped like tiny Bundts.




Notice the surprise spoon? Yes, it is a mere 1/8 of a teaspoon
 
 
One view of the cookie cutter.
 
Flip side of Christmas! !

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable. I am so glad you have this blog -- it really is hard to find things made in America and I appreciate your efforts in searching for them and sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete