Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Corelle: dinning at it's finest

I love Corelle Dinnerware. For years I have owned it in many different patterns. I have always bought it neatly boxed up in a set thinking that because it proudly displayed the "made in the USA" symbol I was doing the right thing. Well with my new old farm house I decided to update my plates. So having decided on the City Block pattern I set out to find it. Finally I found a set at the local store neatly boxed up and displaying the US Flag. You know that woman intuition thingy most of us have. Well it was nagging at me. Something felt amiss. So I took sometime to really read the contents on the outside of the box. Boy was I surprised. While 90% of the pieces were indeed made in the US the cups came from China. Since I want China out of my house and out of my life that just won't do. 


So I made a phone call to the local Corelle/Corning ware outlet store. A very nice young man answered and spent a lot of time on the phone with me.He explained that the company orders very large quantities of both black and white cups from China. This is why sets have black or white cups inside. If I do not want anything from China in my home then I should buy "open stock". So the very next day I grabbed a friend and we were off to stores in North Bend WA.





Now let me show off  my most prized set:


 Above is the dinner plate for those "manly" appetites.

 Featured is the soup/salad bowl.


This one is the smaller say salad plate or for those dainty appetites.

But wait there is one more not pictured the very small say dessert/bread plate. 



From a simple meal to an elegant dinner Corelle pulls it off.

Coming soon: got milk? got glasses? America does.


No comments:

Post a Comment